Rib-Eye Steak and Mushroom Risotto
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 59 m servings 549
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat a sous vide cooker to 132 degrees F (56 degrees C) in a water bath, according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper and place in a vacuum-seal or heavy-duty freezer bag. Seal. Drop the bag into the water bath and set timer for 2 hours.
- Remove steaks from bag and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Pat dry carefully on both sides.
- Heat canola oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it starts smoking. Add steaks. Cook until nicely browned on both sides, flipping every 15 to 30 seconds, about 90 seconds total. Transfer steaks to a plate; let rest for 10 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in white mushrooms and cremini mushrooms; cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Transfer mushrooms and their liquid to a bowl.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon olive oil in the same saucepan over medium-low heat. Add shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, until shallots are tender, about 3 minutes. Add rice and increase heat to medium. Cook and stir until rice is pale golden with nearly translucent edges, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour wine into the rice mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until fully absorbed, about 6 minutes. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth; stir until absorbed, about 3 minutes. Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring risotto continuously until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender yet firm to the bite, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Remove risotto from heat. Stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper. Plate the risotto with strips of steak on the side.
- Cook's Notes:
- Seal steaks using the water-displacement method if using freezer bags.
- In Step 4, you can add a little butter to the skillet about 30 seconds before the steak is done for added richness.
Per Serving: 549 calories; 24.5 56.8 21.8 51 305 Full nutrition