Baked Brie with Maple Caramelized Apples and Spiced Praline Bacon
Ingredients33 m servings 193
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lay bacon on the prepared baking sheet. Mix pecans, brown sugar, chili powder, and sea salt together in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the bacon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crisp, and browned, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. Chop bacon into rough pieces.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples and 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Saute, stirring only every 60 to 90 seconds, until apples are tender and brown, about 8 minutes. Mix in remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup and cinnamon. Transfer to a bowl.
- Cut a round of parchment paper slightly larger than the round of Brie cheese. Place the Brie cheese on the parchment paper; place onto a baking sheet. Top with the cooked apples to make a big mound.
- Bake in the hot oven for 5 minutes. Add bacon-praline mixture on top of the Brie. Continue baking until top is bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a serving platter using a large spatula. Sprinkle with sea salt and rosemary.
- Cook's Note:
- The cooked apples can be made a day ahead and stored covered in the refrigerator.
Per Serving: 193 calories; 13.5 11.6 7.5 40 302 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
No changes & yes, will make it again. It was fairly easy and went over famously at our party. AND THE PATS WON! :-)
I’ve made and eaten quite a few varieties of baked Brie. This is now one of my favorites!
I made this 2x this week for 2 parties! So easy (if it wasn’t, I wouldn’t even try to do it) and a huge hit both times!
I liked this recipe and I would make it again. My personal preference would be to increase (maybe double) the bacon and pecan portion of the dish. *Disclaimer* I currently don't have an oven, so...
Good, not great. Given the ingredients I thought it would be amazing so I was a bit disappointed.