Cheese and Lemon Blintzes
made it | 0 reviews |
"Traditionally, blintzes are associated with Shavuot. This is a traditional holiday breakfast for our family. Rolled pancakes filled with cheese, fruit or both, they make a delicious dessert. Sweet blintzes carry on the tradition of cheese and fruit fillings. Serve either with sour cream and powdered sugar, or maple or chocolate syrup. We like to serve them with fruit pie fillings, like apples, blueberries, or cherries, and then put a dollop of sour cream and powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar on them."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients34 m servings 237 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 blintzes)
- Mix flour, eggs, and salt together in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Lightly coat a small skillet with cooking spray. Pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter into the skillet. Swirl around until even and then place skillet over medium heat. Cook until sides begin to curl away, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook other side until lightly browned, about 1 minute more. Put onto a plate.
- Mix cream cheese, raisins, sugar, egg yolks, lemon peel, vanilla extract, and cinnamon together in a bowl to make the filling. Place 2 to 3 teaspoons of filling on each blintz and roll up like a small burrito.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the filled blintzes, turning carefully, until lightly browned, about 30 seconds each.
- Cook's Note:
- Instead of frying the filled blintzes, you may also put them in a baking dish, brush with melted butter, and heat in the oven.
Per Serving: 237 calories; 16.1 g fat; 17.8 g carbohydrates; 6.1 g protein; 124 mg cholesterol; 234 mg sodium. Full nutrition