Traditional Cheese Blintzes
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients59 m servings 253 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Add milk, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Beat in flour using an electric mixer until well blended. Let batter stand for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Mix the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, cottage cheese, sugar, sour cream, egg yolk, and cinnamon together in a bowl to make the filling.
- Melt butter in a 6- to 7-inch skillet. Spoon a portion of the batter onto the skillet; cook until lightly browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn out onto a tea towel. Repeat with the remaining batter, thinning with small amounts of water if necessary and greasing the pan after every 2 to 3 blintzes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Melt the remaining butter in the skillet over low heat, about 1 minute.
- Place a blintz on a clean work surface with the uncooked side up. Add 1 tablespoon filling and roll up, completely covering the filling. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining blintzes. Brush filled blintzes with melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 253 calories; 13.7 g fat; 17.4 g carbohydrates; 14.8 g protein; 119 mg cholesterol; 527 mg sodium. Full nutrition