Mediterranean Rice Pilaf with Pistachios and Golden Raisins
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I usually make this Mediterranean pilaf whenever I want to change up our regular rice routine and my family loves it. It goes well with lamb or other meat dishes."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients42 m servings 317
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and cook onion, turmeric, and cardamom, stirring constantly, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add rice and mix well.
- Pour chicken broth into the saucepan, stir, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, about 17 minutes.
- Toast pistachios in a dry skillet until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes; remove from skillet and coarsely chop.
- Place golden raisins in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 1 minute and drain well.
- Remove rice from heat and allow to stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Mix in pistachios, raisins, and green onions; season with salt.
Per Serving: 317 calories; 14 44.1 5.2 0 78 Full nutrition