Pink Azalea Cake
"Two layers, one pink and one white, are filled with cherry nut filling and decorated with pink Seven Minute Frosting."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 342
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 - 2 layer 9 inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 (9 inch) pans. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk and vanilla.
- In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain. Pour half of batter into one pan. Tint remaining batter pink with red food coloring, then pour into pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Assemble the cake: In a medium bowl, tint half of the frosting pink with red food coloring. To remaining frosting, stir in cherries and nuts. Spread this filling between the layers. Frost top and sides with pink frosting.
You might also like
- Get the recipe for Seven Minute Frosting.
Per Serving: 342 calories; 14.6 48.7 4.5 2 265 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Absolutely terrible! The cake grew and grew till it spilt out of the pan and made a huge mess in my oven. Then it wouldn't come out of my pan and once it did it looked and tasted terrible! Will ...