Lemon and Almond Slices
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 5 m servings 374 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 lemon bars)
- Place cashews in a bowl of boiling water; soak for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 8x10-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine ground almonds and coconut sugar in a bowl. Add coconut oil and maple syrup; mix well until a dough is formed. Press dough evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until slightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain cashews. Place in a blender with coconut cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, arrowroot starch, and honey; pulse until well combined and a thick cream is formed. Spread over the baked almond base.
- Bake in the oven until golden, about 15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes; chill in the refrigerator before slicing, about 4 hours.
- Cook's Note:
- To make the lemon topping you'll need to use a brand of coconut milk that doesn't contain emulsifiers (guar gum, carrageen an, methyl cellulose, cornstarch, sodium or potassium meta bisulfate) as these are chemical additives which cause the fatty and watery layers to stop separating from one another, so you won't be able to achieve the thick creamy consistency required.
Per Serving: 374 calories; 25.5 g fat; 37.3 g carbohydrates; 7.8 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 95 mg sodium. Full nutrition