Korean Kimchi Jeon (Kimchi Pancakes)
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients26 m servings 274 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine buchimgaru, kimchi, kimchi juice, water, onion, egg, half of the red pepper, and half of the green pepper together in a bowl. Mix thoroughly until batter is pancake-like in consistency, adding more buchimgaru or water if needed.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Ladle batter to make 1 large pancake or several smaller ones; cook until slightly golden brown, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining red pepper and green pepper on top; flip and cook until set, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- Buchimgaru can be bought at your local Korean market, but you can substitute flour and some seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Use any kind of green peppers you prefer.
- It is optional to add the remaining peppers and flip to continue cooking.
Per Serving: 274 calories; 4.9 g fat; 51.6 g carbohydrates; 9.2 g protein; 46 mg cholesterol; 937 mg sodium. Full nutrition