Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 379
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Grate zucchini over the large holes of a box grater. Transfer to a fine-mesh strainer. Mix in 1 teaspoon salt. Set strainer over a bowl and let drain, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk creme fraiche, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and hot sauce together in a bowl. Stir in 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Place sauce in the refrigerator.
- Squeeze excess moisture from zucchini using a clean dish towel. Measure 2 cups grated zucchini into a bowl. Mix in eggs, scallions, thyme, and zest of 1 lemon.
- Combine flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a separate bowl. Fold gently into the zucchini mixture until a batter forms.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Heat canola oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drop 2 tablespoons zucchini batter into the skillet; flatten with the back of the spoon. Cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to an oven-proof plate. Place in the warm oven. Repeat with remaining batter to make 3 more fritters.
- Fill a large saucepan with 2 to 3 inches of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, pour in rice vinegar, and keep the water at a gentle simmer. Crack each egg into a small ramekin or bowl. Slip eggs into the hot water one at a time while whisking the water. Cook until the whites are firm and the yolks have thickened, about 4 minutes. Remove eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and dab on a kitchen towel to dry.
- Place 1 poached egg over each zucchini fritter. Drizzle sauce on top. Garnish with chopped chives and paprika.
Per Serving: 379 calories; 28.8 19.5 13.8 321 1030 Full nutrition