Easy Broccoli-Cheese Casserole
Ingredients1 h 18 m servings 300
- Fill a large bowl with ice water to create an ice bath.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add broccoli and cook, uncovered, until bright green and tender, about 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and immediately immerse in the ice bath for several minutes to stop the cooking process. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish with vegetable oil.
- Combine broccoli, cottage cheese, eggs, Cheddar cheese, butter, flour, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Spread into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven, uncovered, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 90 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If using a glass casserole dish adjust oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Per Serving: 300 calories; 21.4 8.7 19 144 550 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
As the submitter of this recipe It’s important to note the amount of broccoli should be 10 ounces (thawed frozen, chopped broccoli may be used just make sure the excess water is drained off) and...
Love this recipe! It's delicious and easy enough to make. Loved even by non-vegetable eaters!
Loved it. Creamy, custardy, smooth and tasty. I changed the technique a little bit. I microwaved the fresh broccoli (2 small heads) in a glass pie dish with a little bit of water and covered ...