Mediterranean Roast Chicken
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 724
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Whisk orange juice, Dijon mustard, olive oil, Greek oregano, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Add potatoes and coat thoroughly with the mixture. Transfer potatoes to a large baking dish.
- Stuff garlic cloves into the chicken underneath the skin. Place the chicken into the bowl with the remaining orange juice mixture; coat thoroughly and transfer to the baking dish on top of the potatoes. Pour any remaining orange juice mixture over the chicken and potatoes.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 60 to 90 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Check every 30 minutes while roasting and add a bit of hot water if the potatoes seem too dry.
- Remove chicken from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area for 10 minutes before slicing.
Per Serving: 724 calories; 26.6 81.6 39.8 97 395 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Great taste... But next time would leave the chicken marinade in the oil/ lemon mixture for a few hours. Thanks for sharing
So delicious. I didn't have a whole chicken so I used boneless skinless chicken breasts that I always have on hand so I shortened the cooking time accordingly but otherwise I followed the recipe...