Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 23 m servings 237 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 chops)
- Mix tomato paste, red wine, olive oil, garlic, and basil in a small bowl to make the marinade.
- Place lamb chops in a glass or ceramic container; paint both sides thoroughly with the marinade. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C) and lightly oil the grate.
- Wipe most the marinade off the lamb, leaving a light coating. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill lamb until firm and reddish-pink and juicy in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C).
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use half of a butterflied boneless leg of lamb in place of the chops.
- Adjust cooking time for rare, medium, or well-done servings or according to the thickness of the lamb.
Per Serving: 237 calories; 15.6 g fat; 5.2 g carbohydrates; 15.2 g protein; 56 mg cholesterol; 251 mg sodium. Full nutrition