Mediterranean Lentil and Pasta
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 470
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Fill a large pot with water and salt and bring to a rolling boil. Cook lentils at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, 15 to 20 minutes. Reserve lentils and water in the pot.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until crispy and lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Transfer onions to a bowl. Combine cilantro and garlic in the saucepan; add 1 tablespoon oil. Cook and stir until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a separate bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil minus 1 teaspoon in the same saucepan. Add pita bread; fry until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Stir lemon juice, vinegar, and remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil into the pot of lentils. Bring to a boil; add pasta and half of the garlic-cilantro mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Spoon lentil-pasta mixture in a deep dish. Decorate with the pita bread, onions, and the remaining garlic-cilantro mixture.
- Cook's Note:
- Instead of frying the pita bread, you can bake it in the oven until crunchy and slightly brown.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 470 calories; 15 75.6 12.3 0 472 Full nutrition