Bean-Free Paleo Chili
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 340 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
- While meat is browning, melt ghee in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook until onion is translucent and bell pepper is soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Dice 2 tomatoes and add to the saucepan with the onion and bell pepper. Place remaining 4 tomatoes in a blender and puree; transfer puree to the saucepan with the vegetables. Stir green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper into the chili.
- Stir browned beef into the saucepan with the chili. Simmer until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Add more tomatoes for a thinner chile, or use fewer if you like it thicker. Feel free to use canned tomatoes instead of fresh.
- Use any oil you prefer in place of the ghee. Use any color bell pepper you like. Use any cut of beef you prefer.
Per Serving: 340 calories; 21.1 g fat; 10.1 g carbohydrates; 27.6 g protein; 100 mg cholesterol; 523 mg sodium. Full nutrition