German Walnut Shortbread Cookies
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 45
Original recipe yields 80 servings (80 cookies)
- Beat 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter in a large bowl using an electric mixer until creamy. Add 3/4 cup plus 4 teaspoons confectioner's sugar, egg yolk, and salt; beat until smooth. Knead in 2 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour and 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons walnuts.
- Shape dough into 2-inch thick rolls and press them into rectangles using a flat item like a cutting board. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut dough into thin slices and lay them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) and bake until very lightly browned, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the baking sheet and cool on a wire rack, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 45 calories; 3 4.3 0.6 8 4 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
If you have a scale - it would be best to weigh the ingredients in grams as this is originally a German recipe and with German cookie recipes, precision in ingredients is key - use 200 g unsalte...