Aunt Rocky's Fluffy LCHF Pancakes (Low Carb, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Low Glycemic)
made it | 0 reviews |
"Have you been missing a low-carb pancake that has true pancake texture and mouth feel? Here it is! These are so moist and buttery all on their own, you may not need to top with butter. Just drizzle your favorite sugar-free pancake syrup, jam, or berries over the top and serve. A meal of 2 pancakes is only 237 calories, 2 net carbs, and very filling. Suitable for: gluten-free, Atkins®, lchf, low-carb, diabetic, low-glycemic. Serve with your favorite pancake syrup or toppings. These are very buttery, so you may not need to top them with more butter. Extra pancakes can be stored in refrigerator or frozen."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients13 m servings 110
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 pancakes)
- Whisk coconut flour, erythritol, oat fiber, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt together in a bowl, breaking up any lumps in the coconut flour.
- Preheat a griddle or pan over medium-low heat and lightly oil the surface.
- Mix eggs, butter, water, cream, vinegar, and vanilla extract into the bowl with the coconut flour mixture. Stir well to combine; batter will be thicker than regular pancake batter.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter at a time onto the preheated griddle, leaving space between each pancake and smoothing the tops slightly. Cook until bubbles form, edges begin to dry, and the bottom is browned, 2 to 5 minutes. Flip pancakes carefully using a thin spatula; continue cooking until firm and browned on the second side, about 1 minute more.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you can't get oat fiber, you can try substituting psyllium husk powder. The texture won't be quite the same, but the recipe will work.
- You can use the same amount of glucomannan in place of xanthan gum.
- If batter gets too thick to scoop, add 1 tablespoon of water and whisk again.
- Get the pans out before you begin. These pancakes are cooked on a lower heat to keep them from burning, so they'll take longer than regular pancakes. You'll get 3 pancakes per 12" round pan, and 4 pancakes in a square pan. If you have the pans and the stove space, it will go quicker using 2 pans at one time.
Per Serving: 110 calories; 10.8 2.7 2.7 100 120 Full nutrition