Turkey Chorizo, Revised
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 146
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place dried peppers in a mortar and grind into medium-sized pieces. Add oregano, salt, cumin, sugar, and peppercorns. Grind into a rough powder. Add garlic and continue to grind until a paste forms. Use a wooden spoon to mix the chile powder and paprika into the paste. Add the vinegar and water while stirring. Mix well.
- Place ground turkey in a large bowl. Mix seasoning paste into turkey using your hands covered in clean rubber gloves. Allow mixture to rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before using in your favorite recipe.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I've made this using dried Calabrese peppers as well as dried Thai red peppers with excellent results. A friend used dried cayenne and he said the taste is very good. Therefore, it seems any hot pepper will work.
- Baking Nana advised me to use gloves when mixing meat to avoid over mixing. It does help texture in sausage, meatloaf, and meatballs.
- Editor's Note:
- There is a potential risk of foodborne illness from the consumption of raw turkey meat. Be sure to cook this ingredient thoroughly in your choice of recipe before serving. Meat should not be pink in the center, juices should run clear, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Per Serving: 146 calories; 1.3 3.5 28.6 70 826 Full nutrition