Slow-Cooker Lentils with Chicken and Kale
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 20 m servings 511
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place in the slow cooker with lentils, kale, onion, olive oil, and garlic. Cook on High for 1 to 2 hours.
- Place crushed tomatoes, white wine, stock, thyme, and bay leaf into the slow cooker. Reduce setting to Low and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, at least 8 hours.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use dark meat in place of white if desired.
- Crushed, stewed, or diced tomatoes may be used.
- Fresh thyme can be substituted for the dried thyme.
- This soup can be made vegetarian by taking out the chicken and using vegetable stock in place of chicken stock.
- I recommend using unprocessed lentils for best results. Different types of lentils will need more or less liquid; you might keep an eye on the liquid level the first time you make it and add stock as needed
Per Serving: 511 calories; 10.6 54.6 44 64 344 Full nutrition