Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients38 m servings 207
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 muffins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Whisk whole grain spelt flour, white spelt flour, baking soda, and sea salt together in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl. Whisk in buttermilk, cane sugar, honey, coconut oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Pour into the flour mixture; mix thoroughly. Fold in blueberries gently. Fill muffin cups 3/4-full with batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes; transfer muffins to a wire rack and continue cooling.
- Cook's Note:
- Spelt flour is an ancient grain, recently popular among health-foodies (including me.) It, along with Sucanat®, is easily found at health food stores, whole food stores, and many larger supermarkets. Both are more economical purchased in bulk.
Per Serving: 207 calories; 7.5 34.3 4.5 21 175 Full nutrition