Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 7 m servings 523
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 8-inch double-layer cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 8-inch round pans.
- Mix cake mix, water, eggs, and oil together in a bowl until well blended. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean, 26 to 31 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Turn cakes out onto clean dishcloths. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Mix confectioners' sugar and sour cream together in a bowl until well blended. Add whipped topping; mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate icing for at least 30 minutes.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate. Trim top until flat. Spread a thin layer of icing on top. Spread the cheesecake filling on the cake to about 1/2-inch from the edge of the cake. Cover with second cake layer; frost entire cake with the remaining icing.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl.
- Bring heavy cream to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat; let cool for 1 minute. Pour over the chocolate chips. Add vanilla extract; stir until smooth. Pour immediately on top of the cake, letting some of the mixture slide down the sides of the cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use milk chocolate chips instead of semisweet chocolate if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making cupcakes are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 523 calories; 28.7 59.1 5.6 53 394 Full nutrition