Easy Halloween Mummy Cupcakes
"Even if you're not an experienced cupcake decorator, these little mummies are super easy to make and my kids loved them at their Halloween party. You can use any dark-colored cupcake or muffin and turn them into a creepy mummy in a heartbeat."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 3 m servings 361 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners, preferable dark-colored or Halloween-themed ones.
- Combine cake mix, water, eggs, and oil in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Beat at medium speed until batter is smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18 to 21 minutes. Remove from oven and cool tins on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cupcakes from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack before decorating, about 1 hour.
- Spoon frosting in an pastry bag or a plastic bag with the corner cut off. Pipe strands of frosting onto the top and bottom of the cupcakes, leaving an oval eye shape exposed in the middle. Pipe 2 dots in the exposed middle for the mummy's eyes. Place 2 chocolate chips flat-side up in the middle of each dot for the pupils.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making cupcakes are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 361 calories; 19.3 g fat; 48 g carbohydrates; 3.8 g protein; 28 mg cholesterol; 205 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made them as mini cupcakes and it still worked great. I used butter cream icing, so it ended up looking more 'aged' :)