Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 23 m servings 427 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line cups with paper liners.
- Combine 9 tablespoons butter, white sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs one at a time and beat until well combined. Fold in half the flour and 1/4 cup milk and stir to combine. Repeat with remaining flour and milk. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18 minutes.
- Remove tin from oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from the tin and cool completely on a wire rack before decorating, about 1 hour.
- Combine confections' sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, and 1 tablespoon milk in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Thin frosting with a little milk or water, if necessary. Add food coloring and stir until frosting is uniformly brown. Add more food coloring, 1 drop at a time, until frosting is the color you like.
- Spread a thin layer of frosting on top of each cupcake. Break vanilla cookies in half. Place a cookie half on each cupcake as a mouth. Use a bit of frosting to "glue" a jelly bean onto the cookie for Rudolph's red nose. Stick 2 candy eyeballs into each cupcake. Break off a piece from each pretzel so they look like antlers and stick 2 into the top of each cupcakes. Shape chewy candies into ears and stick 2 into the sides of each cupcake.
- Cook's Notes:
- Instead of brown-colored icing for the reindeer cupcakes, use chocolate buttercream icing, which will be naturally brown.
- You could color the frosting any color, such as red, blue, or green, and then use white ready-rolled fondant icing to cut out Christmas-inspired shapes to stick on top of the cupcakes. Try stars, Christmas trees, holly leaves, etc. Silver dragees also make a festive addition to sprinkle on top.
Per Serving: 427 calories; 13.9 g fat; 77.1 g carbohydrates; 6.3 g protein; 57 mg cholesterol; 815 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1