Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 425
Original recipe yields 3 servings
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place tomatillos on top, cut-side up.
- Broil in the preheated oven until tomatillos have a dark brown color and are caramelized, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Toast chile de arbol peppers in a small skillet over medium heat, turning once, until starting to brown lightly in spots (don't char), about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat while tomatillos cool. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Combine 3 tomatillos and arbol chiles in a blender; blend until smooth. Pour over mushrooms in the skillet. Add remaining tomatillos with the roasting juices from the baking sheet. Mix well and cook over low heat until mushrooms have softened, 5 to 8 minutes. Season with salt.
- Warm corn tortillas in a skillet. Divide mushroom mixture amongst tortillas and top with chopped onion and cilantro.
You might also like
Per Serving: 425 calories; 13.7 64.7 14.5 0 109 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1