Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 475 cals
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon peel, and 1 teaspoon orange peel. Split a 1-inch piece of vanilla bean; scrape seeds into flour mixture. Cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs. Add 1 egg yolk; stir until all flour is moistened. Gather dough into ball, wrap in wax paper, and refrigerate for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Lightly butter a 9 inch springform pan. Roll dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thick; trim to a 10 inch circle. Reserve pastry trimmings. Press pastry circle into bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of a 9 inch buttered springform pan. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake crust for 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 3/4 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon peel and 1 1/2 teaspoons orange peel in large mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Split a 1 inch piece of vanilla bean and scrape seeds into cream cheese mixture. Beat in 5 eggs and 2 egg yolks, 1 at a time, on medium speed. Stir in cream.
- Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Roll out reserved pastry trimmings on lightly floured board; cut into strips 2 inches wide. Pat strips up side of pan, pressing dough lightly to baked crust. Pour filling into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR! Bake until cheesecake is firm in center, about 50 minutes. Turn off oven; leave cheesecake in oven with door slightly open for 1 hour. Remove from oven, and cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Per Serving: 475 calories; 34 g fat; 35.3 g carbohydrates; 8.8 g protein; 194 mg cholesterol; 233 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
This cheesecake is delicious. I only gave it 4 stars because 500 degrees for 15 minutes made the top of the cheesecake very brown, almost burnt. I had to cover the top with foil. Next time I'l...
This is the best cheesecake, it is the same as the famous "Lindy's" cheesecake from New York City.
This recipie was great!!! Using a graham cracker crust rather that the one given is great also! a little less citrus zest as well 1 tsp is all! But iver all delicious!!
Next to Lindsy Newyork cheesecake this come next. This cheesecake is wonderful.
This cheesecake is very good. I had the same trouble with the top getting a bit too brown. I also found the crust a bit hard to handle. My cheesecake didn't cook through 100% but I feel that mig...
Well this was a lot of work! But it was my first homemade cheesecake, so maybe they are all like this. It turned out very good. The crust, however, was very overcooked. Next time I am going to ...
This recipe was absolutely delicious! My husbad ate half the cheesecake in one evening, while I finished the remainder off by lunch the next day! Now that I've found this cheesecake,I better up ...
This cheesecake has always been the family's favorite! Been making this on special occasions. Thanks for this recipe!