Ingredients1 h servings 266
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, whisking until smooth. Cut in buttery spread using a pastry cutter or 2 knives until it is the size of small peas and flour mixture is evenly coated.
- Pour soy milk, coffee, vinegar, and vanilla extract into the bowl. Blend with an electric mixer until smooth; beat for 2 minutes more. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack or serving plate.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute another vegan milk for the soy milk if preferred.
- You can use another type of vinegar in place of apple cider vinegar.
Per Serving: 266 calories; 8.3 45.4 3.5 0 386 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
My world has changed! This cake is awesome! I have made very complex cakes in the past that don't touch this rich and deep chocolate flavor! I topped it with a little powdered sugar, but it does...
Great cake although I made some changes. I ground oats in the blender to make oat flour since I was at my Mom's and I could not find regular flour in the cabinet. I also added one egg. It wa...
I made a powdered sugar glaze and sprinkled shredded organic coconut on top. Took to a party and it was a success!