Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 266
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 8-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, whisking until smooth. Cut in buttery spread using a pastry cutter or 2 knives until it is the size of small peas and flour mixture is evenly coated.
- Pour soy milk, coffee, vinegar, and vanilla extract into the bowl. Blend with an electric mixer until smooth; beat for 2 minutes more. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack or serving plate.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute another vegan milk for the soy milk if preferred.
- You can use another type of vinegar in place of apple cider vinegar.
Per Serving: 266 calories; 8.3 45.4 3.5 0 386 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I doubled the ingredients to make a layer cake. It came out really light and fluffy. I used Almond milk to avoid a Soy allergy. I topped it off with the Vegan Peanut Butter frosting recipe from ...