Ingredients1 h servings 641
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Toss apple slices with 1 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in the baking dish. Top with 6 tablespoons butter.
- Mix 2 cups flour, oatmeal, 2 cups brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Rub in 1 cup butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Add chopped nuts to the crumble topping if desired.
Per Serving: 641 calories; 26.8 98.9 5.4 67 441 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
Made this tonight, I cut the recipe in half because I only had 5 cups of apples. It wasn't mentioned what size of pan to use so I used a 8 X 12 class dish, which was fine but I should have stuc...
The only thing is, there is no mention of what pan size. I put the apples in a 13x9 pan and there was no room for anything else so i had to split it into another dish 8x8, and then split the res...
I added a dash of nutmeg and ginger. Yes, I will make it again. This is the third time I have made this dessert. Everyone loves it!
my family absolutely loved it. the recipe I will be using from now on.
This apple crisp was awesome. Not difficult to make. I liked the addition of the oatmeal in this recipe compared to others I have used in the past. Paula R.
I tend to reduce the sugar in most recipes and I felt this recipe definitely needed it. The fist time I made this crisp I reduced the sugar in the topping to 1 1/2 cups and it was still good. Th...