Patrick's Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"After about 3 years of experimentation and countless pizza dough recipes and big-name dough mixes, this is the closest I have come to real pizza dough. This recipe will yield two 16-inch pizzas. Remove baked crusts from the oven and top as desired; place back in the oven for approximately 15 minutes. I did not include the ingredients for the toppings as that is very subjective based on your preferences."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 412
Original recipe yields 8 servings (2 pizzas)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 2 pizza pans or baking sheets well.
- Whisk milk, sugar, and yeast together in a bowl. Set aside until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Sift rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, garlic powder, and oregano together in a large bowl.
- Mix vinegar and oil together in a bowl. Whisk into the milk-yeast mixture, then pour the liquid into the flour. Knead until the dough comes together.
- Split the dough in half. Spread the dough thinly over the prepared pans using your fingers and fists.
- Bake on the lowest rack of the preheated oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Lowfat or whole milk may be used for this recipe.
- Brown or white rice flour both work.
Per Serving: 412 calories; 4.6 84 6.6 5 71 Full nutrition