Flax Seed Wheat Bread
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients14 h 10 m servings 238
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 loaf)
- Combine bread flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour, flax seeds, salt, and yeast in a large bowl. Add cool water; mix, without kneading, until dough is wet and sticky. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; let sit at room temperature until dough is bubbly and swelled, about 12 hours.
- Grease a loaf pan with oil; dust with 1 1/2 teaspoons whole wheat flour. Place dough in pan; dust the top with remaining whole wheat flour. Poke holes in the dough using a chopstick or make cuts with a knife.
- Cover loaf pan with plastic wrap. Let dough rise until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place an oven-safe cup of water in the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chestnut-brown on top, about 45 minutes. Lift bread out of the pan using pot holders; let cool thoroughly on a rack.
Per Serving: 238 calories; 5.8 39.3 8.2 0 369 Full nutrition
How much yeast is in a package of yeast?
Can I freeze dough and then bake it later?
I want my bread loaves to have a thicker crust. What can I do?
Ask Your Question