Chocolate Walnut Cookies
made it | 0 reviews |
"These vegan cookies are amazing. Share these with friends before telling them they're vegan, they're sure to be surprised. I used Earth Balance® butter spread if you happen to be unsure if the substitute you use is vegan. I also made the applesauce myself because its simple, and because you can control the sweetness. I personally always use whole wheat or white whole wheat flour when I bake, and I love to add flaxseed meal in everything I can. It just makes everything taste better, and adds plenty of fiber and protein to delicious baked goods. (If you insist, you can use butter.)"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 120
Original recipe yields 36 servings (36 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, flax seed meal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine sugar, vegan butter, and cinnamon applesauce in a separate bowl. Mix until smooth. Pour into the flour mixture; beat until thoroughly combined. Fold in walnuts. Drop spoonfuls of dough 1 inch apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cookie comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use white whole wheat flour if desired.
- Brown sugar may be substituted for the raw cane sugar.
Per Serving: 120 calories; 6.7 15 1.8 0 100 Full nutrition