Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 333
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off tops of peppers; reserve tops. Remove and discard seeds and membranes. If necessary, cut a thin slice from the bottom of the peppers to make them stand upright. Using a sharp paring knife, cut jack-o'-lantern faces.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion, and garlic until sausage is browned, stirring to break up sausage as it cooks. Drain off any fat. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, salt, black pepper, cooked orzo or quinoa, and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese.
- Mound mixture into peppers. Place peppers, filled side up, in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; top peppers with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes more or until peppers are crisp-tender and cheese is browned. Top with reserved pepper tops before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 333 calories; 19 22.9 17.9 48 719 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1