Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients26 m servings 374
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine 1 3/4 cups almond milk, orange juice, rice, and salt in the pot of an electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Seal pressure cooker, choose the "Manual" setting and high pressure. Set the timer for 4 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes; release any remaining pressure with the quick-release valve.
- Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup milk, egg, and orange extract together in a small bowl. Add 1/2 cup of the the cooked rice; stir constantly until well combined. Pour mixture into the pot; select "Saute" mode. Add cream of coconut and orange zest. Cook and stir until egg is set, about 2 minutes. Stir.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you don't have vanilla almond milk, you may substitute other types of milk, but I'd recommend you then add a little vanilla extract (maybe 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon).
- If you want your pudding a little thinner, stir in a little milk at the end; if you'd like it thicker, just cook down a bit using the "Saute" button.
Per Serving: 374 calories; 7.1 70.8 5.9 46 257 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I was surprised at how good this rice pudding turned out with almond milk. Also, this Instant Pot method is easier than standing over the stove or baking. This recipe isn't very sweet, which is ...