Instant Pot® Thai Red Curry with Chicken
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 12 m servings 489
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat olive oil in the pot of an electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) on 'Saute' mode. Add onion and garlic; saute until soft, about 3 minutes. Add celery and cook until bright green, about 2 minutes longer. Add potatoes, cherry tomatoes, and carrots. Stir to combine.
- Place chicken slices on top of the sauteed vegetables. Pour coconut milk over chicken. Add fish sauce and allow liquid to come to a boil, about 5 minutes. Mix in water, frozen peas, curry paste, brown sugar, and crushed bouillon cubes.
- Place lid on the pot and lock in place. Bring to high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; cook for 12 minutes. Release pressure through natural-release method, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If thicker curry is desired, bring to a boil for a longer time in 'Saute' mode to reduce. You may also mix together 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1 tablespoon cold water and add to the curry for a quicker thickening.
- If you are in a hurry, when cooking time is up, you can use the quick release valve according to manufacturer's instructions.
Per Serving: 489 calories; 22.1 69.3 20.1 23 1144 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Fantastic, flavourful, awesome! I really didn’t change much at all. Added about 1 tsp of kosher salt, and a frozen chunk of spinach. Followed the recipe to a T otherwise. Also, I recommend serv...