Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h servings 1362
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Remove neck and giblets from turkey's body and neck cavities. Reserve for another use. Drain turkey of any juices; pat dry. Turn wings back to hold neck skin against back of turkey.
- In bowl, mash together butter, Patak's Mild Curry Paste, minced garlic, chilli, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Carefully work fingers under skin on breast of turkey. Place butter mixture under breast area.
- Stuff cavity with lemon wedges. Return legs to tucked position.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on flat rack in shallow roasting pan. Rub lightly with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Insert oven-safe meat thermometer in deepest part of thigh.
- Roast in preheated 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) oven for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C). Add whole garlic cloves, sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, and rosemary. Cook until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F (82 degrees C), legs move easily when twisted and juices run clear, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove turkey from oven; transfer to platter. Discard lemons. Let turkey stand, covered with foil, 15 minutes.
- To make gravy, strain vegetables, discarding rosemary. Reserve sweet potatoes, carrots and onions in bowl; Cover to keep warm. Pour pan juices into measuring cup, leaving brown bits in pan. Let fat rise to the top; remove 2 tbsp and place in roasting pan. Skim remaining fat and discard. Reserve remaining pan juices. (Should be about 2 1/2 cups.)
- Place pan on stove over low heat. Whisk in flour; cook until lightly browned and bubbly. Stir in reserved juices. Cook, whisking and scraping up browned bits in pan, until smooth and slightly thickened. Taste; adjust salt and pepper if desired. Transfer to gravy boat.
- Carve turkey as desired. Serve gravy and vegetables alongside.
You might also like
Per Serving: 1362 calories; 65.7 20.7 162.7 484 537 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1