Tikka Masala Skillet Shepherd's Pie
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 521 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Lamb Filling: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Meanwhile, heat oil in ovenproof high-sided 10-inch skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Cook, stirring often, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned; drain fat well from pan.
- Stir in onion, carrot, celery, red pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Pour in Patak's Tikka Masala Sauce; stirring to mix well; bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sweet Potato Topping: Cook sweet potatoes and Yukon Gold potatoes in boiling salted water set over medium heat for 18 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well. Return back to pot. Add milk, butter, salt and pepper; mash until smooth.
- Spoon Sweet Potato Topping over filling; smooth top. Place skillet on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until filling is bubbling and topping is hot and lightly golden. Garnish with cilantro.
- Note: You can substitute 1 packet Patak's Tikka Masala for the 1/2 jar of the sauce.
Per Serving: 521 calories; 27.6 g fat; 44.2 g carbohydrates; 24.6 g protein; 96 mg cholesterol; 645 mg sodium. Full nutrition