Ingredients1 h 14 m servings 481
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch dish with cooking spray.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain fat and transfer to a bowl.
- Cook and stir hash browns to the same skillet until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Place hash browns in the baking dish; top with sausage, shredded Cheddar cheese, and green chile peppers.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder in a bowl. Pour over hash brown mixture.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven until bubbly and the top is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Cover and refrigerate casserole after step 4 if baking later.
Per Serving: 481 calories; 37.5 20.7 26.6 228 1516 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
This breakfast casserole delivered as promised! My family loved it when I made it in March and is requesting it again for our Easter Sunday brunch!
No green chilies. Was delicious! Made it the night before and baked it in the morning
This is my go-to recipe for serving overnight guests. I have been known to vary it some by using fresh garlic or throwing in some green peppers or other veggies, but it is delicious as is. I m...
I’m curious if the sausage should be 1lb, but regardless this is an amazing recipe! I had to add a little avocado oil in order to fry the hash browns because the sausage didn’t render enough fat...
I think I will try baking the hash browns in the dish to brown them next time, while getting the rest together. But the rest was easy and quick and it turned out great.
I made this for a potluck brunch for my daughters volleyball team. It was a hit! It was actually the only Entrée that was completely gone. Had multiple moms ask for the Recipe. My daughter said...