Scooter's Vegan Tempeh Chili
Ingredients1 h 14 m servings 427 cals
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add carrots; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add onion and chopped garlic; cook and stir until aromatic, about 3 minutes. Add chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, and cumin; cook and stir for 1 minute. Toss in tempeh, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and orange bell pepper; cook and stir until tempeh is coated in the spices, about 5 minutes.
- Pour tomatoes, black beans, cannellini beans, kidney beans, corn, and brown sugar into the tempeh mixture. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, until flavors are well blended, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use any bean that you prefer but having 3 types of beans makes it look colorful.
- You can also add a variety of bell peppers to give it more color.
- For extra kick, add 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
Per Serving: 427 calories; 8.7 g fat; 71.5 g carbohydrates; 23.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 1005 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was a good recipe. I used 32 ounces of tomato sauce that I made from fresh tomatoes. I used 3 cans of beans. Although I used a 4 quart pan for cooking this, I didn't have room for the corn...
Pretty good and I added my own twist which was pepper powder, peruvian beans instead of canellini beans, and himalayan sea salt w/extra spice mix. Turned out great!