Vegan Breakfast Burritos On the Go
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 24 m servings 610 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 burritos)
- Place tofu onto a plate and place another plate on top. Set a 3- to 5-pound weight on top. Press tofu for 20 to 30 minutes; drain and discard the accumulated liquid.
- Combine water and bouillon cube in a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave on high until water is hot and cube is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Stir turmeric, liquid amino acid, onion powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, ground black pepper, ground ginger, and sage into the hot bouillon. Crumble tofu into the bowl and stir gently.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Arrange potato nuggets on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crisp, 28 to 32 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Flatten ground vegan sausage onto a plate using a rubber spatula sprayed with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Slide sausage into the hot skillet; cook until browned on the bottom, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip and continue cooking, breaking sausage into smaller chunks, until fully browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add tofu scramble mixture to the hot skillet. Cook until liquid has been absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Place a tortilla on a microwave-safe plate. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of mozzarella-style vegan cheese on top and heat in the microwave until melted, about 10 seconds. Place 6 cooked potato nuggets in 2 rows down the center of the tortilla. Add 2 tablespoons of cooked vegan sausage and 1/4 cup of the tofu scramble.
- Fold one side of the tortilla in to cover the rows of potato nuggets. Fold in 2 shorter sides, then roll the rest of the tortilla over to complete the burrito. Repeat with remaining tortillas, vegan cheese, potato nuggets, vegan sausage, and tofu scramble.
- Cook's Note:
- Add nutritional yeast flakes for a cheesy taste when cooking the tofu or add diced green chiles to give it an extra kick.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of potato nuggets. The actual amount of potato nuggets consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 610 calories; 27.9 g fat; 81.8 g carbohydrates; 22.5 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 1669 mg sodium. Full nutrition