Flourless Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free)
made it | 0 reviews |
"Gluten-free brownies! These little things make me so happy! They are a perfect combination of brownie flavor and fudge-like texture. Plus, when I bake them, the whole house smells like chocolate! Garnish with confectioners' sugar to make them extra pretty and serve with a cold glass of milk or vanilla almond milk. MMM!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 37 m servings 190 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 brownies)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Grease an 8-inch baking pan with 1 teaspoon butter. Add cocoa powder; move pan around to spread evenly. Turn pan upside down over the sink; tap gently to remove excess cocoa. Place baking pan inside a larger baking pan.
- Place chocolate, 1/4 cup butter, and coconut oil in top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is almost completely melted, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Bring 4 cups water to a simmer in the same saucepan from the double boiler.
- Whisk eggs and sugar together in a large bowl. Mix vanilla extract and espresso together in a separate bowl until espresso is dissolved. Pour vanilla extract mixture into egg mixture. Add salt. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture.
- Pour chocolate batter into the prepared 8-inch pan. Pour simmering water into the larger baking pan to create a hot water bath.
- Bake brownies in the water bath in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean, with a few crumbs attached, 52 to 55 minutes.
- Remove 8-inch pan carefully from the hot water bath. Invert onto a wire rack lined with parchment paper. Cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. Cut into squares and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Cook's Note:
- For a flourless chocolate cake, pour batter into a 9-inch cake pan that has been buttered and dusted with cocoa powder. Place in a deep baking pan. Fill pan with 4 cups hot water. Bake at 325 degrees (160 degrees C) until a toothpick inserted into the center out mostly clean, about 1 hour 12 minutes. Remove cake pan from the hot water bath and flip cake onto a wire rack lined with parchment paper. Cool completely. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. Serve cold with your favorite ice cream.
Per Serving: 190 calories; 12.6 g fat; 17.4 g carbohydrates; 2.8 g protein; 67 mg cholesterol; 33 mg sodium. Full nutrition