Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 217
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 loaf)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, oat bran, wheat bran, wheat germ, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Whisk egg lightly in a small bowl. Whisk in buttermilk. Pour over flour mixture; fold together with a large spoon until batter is moist.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and smooth out the top. Use the spoon to trace a "plus" sign from edge to edge across the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 40 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 225 degrees F (105 degrees C); continue baking until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes more.
- Invert bread onto a wire rack. Let cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note:
- This bread can also be baked in a round pan. Break off a quarter or slice the entire loaf, as desired.
Per Serving: 217 calories; 3.2 41.4 11.4 24 327 Full nutrition