Homemade Gluten-Free and Lactose-Free Vegetable Lasagna
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Homemade vegetable lasagna just as it should be; hot, oozy, and messy! This is a vegetable lasagna without any weird micro-protein meat substitute; just vegetables and tomatoes, with a homemade white sauce (made with lactose-free milk and cheese, and gluten-free flour). I have been known to make my own pasta sheets for this, but tonight I used Sainsbury's gluten-free pasta sheets (dry)."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 235
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9x13-inch lasagna)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and red bell pepper until softened, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini; cook until softened, about 5 minutes more. Stir in garlic until combined. Add tomato puree, mustard, oregano, basil, and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer. Cook vegetable mixture until flavors blend, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Whisk flour and 2 tablespoons milk together in a bowl until no lumps remain. Mix in 3/4 cup milk and 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable stock. Pour this sauce base into a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add margarine; cook, whisking constantly, until simmering. Reduce heat to low. Add 1/2 cup vegan cheese; stir well. Season with parsley and black pepper. Cook until cheese is fully melted, about 5 minutes.
- Cover the bottom of the baking pan with lasagna noodles. Add a layer of vegetable mixture; top with a thin layer of the cheese sauce. Repeat layering with the remaining noodles, vegetables, and cheese sauce, finishing with a thick blanket of sauce. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup vegan cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is bubbly and browned, about 30 minutes. Let rest before serving until firm, 15 to 20 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 235 calories; 9.2 32.8 5.8 < 1 604 Full nutrition