Stuffed Sausage and Peppers Pocket Rolls
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients56 m servings 521
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 rolls)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with cooking spray.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, green bell pepper, onion, water, salt, minced garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook and stir until onions and green pepper are soft and sausage is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Drain excess oil. Add mozzarella and Cheddar cheese on top and allow to melt.
- Dust a work surface with flour. Roll out pizza dough into a thin layer. Cut into 8 equal squares. Stir sausage-cheese mixture to combine. Spoon onto each square, leaving about 1/3 of the dough clear. Pull excess dough over the filling to form a roll; pinch shut. Arrange rolls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Brush garlic butter over the tops.
- Cook's Notes:
- If using sausage links, it is easier to cut them into small pieces if the links are partially frozen. If they are completely thawed, they will be harder to cut up.
- If you prefer, use about 1 pound of ground sausage in place of the links.
- Use any variety of shredded cheese you prefer.
- Be careful not to over-stuff the dough; it will be hard to close the rolls and there's a good chance they will open during cooking.
Per Serving: 521 calories; 33.2 31.9 22.2 81 1368 Full nutrition