Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 16 m servings 189
Original recipe yields 36 servings (36 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place drained cherries on a paper towel.
- Grind slivered almonds in a food processor. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place coconut in the food processor; grind until finely chopped. Transfer 1 cup to a resealable plastic bag; add 3 drops of green food coloring, seal the bag, and shake. Pour into a bowl. Transfer remaining coconut to a separate resealable plastic bag; add 3 drops of red food coloring. Pour into a separate bowl.
- Beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in water and almond extract.
- Combine flour, ground almonds, oats, and salt in a bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture gradually; dough will be crumbly.
- Pack 1 tablespoon of dough around each cherry, forming a ball. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bottoms of cookies are lightly browned, 16 to 18 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Place 16 ounce package sugar in a bowl; mix in enough reserved cherry juice to reach a smooth dipping consistency. Dip the tops of the cooled cookies in the icing and then in the colored coconut. Place on waxed paper until icing is set, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You may use any food coloring you prefer.
- You can use milk instead of cherry juice to make the icing.
Per Serving: 189 calories; 10.1 23.9 1.7 14 55 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1