Pangiallo laziale (Italian Christmas Cakes)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Pangiallo is a traditional Italian Christmas cake, originally from Rome. Dried fruits and nuts are mixed with oil, wine, and flour to create a humble yet tasty treat that is vegan to boot! Wrap in cellophane or Christmas paper and give as gifts to friends and family."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 476
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine prunes, raisins, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, sugar, orange marmalade, candied orange peel, and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir to combine with a wooden spoon. Pour in wine and olive oil. Add flour and mix everything into a sticky dough, adding more flour if mixture does not stick together.
- Shape mixture into 8 similar sized logs with wet hands and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Instead of prunes you can use any other dried fruit like figs or apricots, or a mix of all three.
- Cool Pangiallo laziale completely before serving.
Per Serving: 476 calories; 25.5 60.1 9.2 0 6 Full nutrition