Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 59 m servings 91 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Combine the flour, 1 Tbsp. sugar, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and salt in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment. Mix until just combined.
- Add the butter and cream cheese to the bowl on low speed. Mix until the dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a large piece of plastic wrap and form into a rectangle shape. Wrap the dough in the plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator when ready to bake, cut into two even pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a 12x4 inch rectangle between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the apple butter onto each rectangle of dough and spread evenly leaving a border of about 1/3 inch of bare dough around the perimeter.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the apple butter on each piece of dough.
- Roll the dough, working with the long end and rolling towards you creating a 12 inch log. Place seam side down on parchment paper and chill in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the remaining 1 Tbsp. sugar, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a small bowl.
- Remove dough from the freezer, brush each log with milk then evenly sprinkle with the spice mixture.
- Slice into 1 inch pieces using a sharp knife and place seam side down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool, and store in an airtight container.
- Serving Suggestion: Substitute pecans or any other nuts in place of the chocolate chips.
Per Serving: 91 calories; 6.1 g fat; 9 g carbohydrates; 1.1 g protein; 15 mg cholesterol; 22 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1