Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 1233
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Lightly spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a small skillet, add the onions and butter. Sprinkle with the salt and cook over medium heat until they are soft and translucent - around 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the apple butter, apple cider vinegar, and hot sauce. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked onions and mix in the ground beef, egg, and crushed crackers. Add in 2/3 of the apple butter hot sauce. (Reserve the rest for making the sandwiches.)
- Press the meat mixture into the loaf pan. Brush the top with an additional 2 tablespoons of apple butter, and then bake for 1 hour until done.
- For the sandwich, heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place 4 slices of bread butter-side down in the skillet.
- Add a slice of cheese to each slice of bread, and then a slice of the prepared meatloaf (above) to each slice of bread.
- Spoon the reserved apple butter hot sauce on top of the meatloaf slices. Add a leaf of lettuce to each, followed by another slice of cheese.
- Top with another piece of buttered bread butter-side up. Press the sandwiches slightly and flip to grill the other side. Serve hot.
You might also like
Per Serving: 1233 calories; 76.8 70.3 63.3 303 1734 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1