Chicken Cordon Bleu Egg Rolls
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients48 m servings 420
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 rolls)
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet. Cook chicken strips until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, until well combined, about 1 minute. Increase heat to medium. Add milk gradually. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbling, about 7 minutes. Add shredded cheese, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir the sauce until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat egg with 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl.
- Lay 1 egg roll wrapper on a work surface. Fold 1 piece of ham in half and place in the center of the wrapper. Top with a half-slice of Swiss cheese and a chicken strip. Cover with another half-slice of Swiss cheese and folded piece of ham. Brush the edges of the wrapper with the egg mixture; fold wrapper in half over the filling and seal the edges. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place egg rolls in the hot oil; fry until crispy, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Cook's Note:
- If cooking whole breast halves, dice and shred the chicken afterwards and spoon about 1/3 cup of it into each egg roll.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 420 calories; 19.2 26.3 33.6 110 605 Full nutrition