Dolcetti di Marzapane (Italian Marzipan Cookies)
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"Yummy Italian marzipan cookies flavored with lemon zest and rolled in sugar. Traditional gluten-free Christmas treats, great to serve year around."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 117
Original recipe yields 40 servings (40 cookies)
- Combine ground almonds, 2 1/2 cups sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla extract in a bowl; mix into a smooth dough.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour 1/4 cup sugar onto a shallow plate. Roll dough into walnut-size balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer carefully to a wire rack. Cool completely before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can also grease the baking sheet with butter and dust with flour instead of lining it with parchment paper.
- If you like, you can decorate the cookies with half an almond.
Per Serving: 117 calories; 2.9 18.1 6.1 8 4 Full nutrition