Vegan Eggplant with Tahini
made it | 0 reviews |
"This is one of my favorite dishes I make at least once a week. I ate a similar version at a friend's house who recreated it after eating it at a Syrian family's house and then made my own version at home. I usually roast the eggplant the day before or in the morning and then I can make the dish quickly when it's time to eat. I usually serve it with bread. It keeps well in the fridge as well for a yummy lunch the next day."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 123 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place eggplant on a baking sheet and poke numerous times with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggplant is soft, mushy, and dark brown, about 45 minutes. Allow to cool, about 1 hour.
- Peel eggplant and cut flesh into large cubes. Place into a bowl.
- Mix tahini, lemon juice, and grated garlic in a cup. Add 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses and salt; mix well. Pour tahini sauce over eggplant and mix well. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses and olive oil. Sprinkle parsley on top.
- Cook's Note:
- You need to adjust the amount of pomegranate molasses to your own personal taste. I usually use a large clove of garlic and hence a little more pomegranate molasses, but it's up to you.
Per Serving: 123 calories; 6.6 g fat; 15.5 g carbohydrates; 4.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 45 mg sodium. Full nutrition