Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 267 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (1 10x16-inch pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 10x16-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Combine 1 cup white sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Combine remaining 2 cups white sugar, boiling water, and cocoa powder in a separate bowl; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir cocoa mixture into beaten eggs. Add flour, baking powder, and rum extract gradually, beating until fully blended. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use spelt flour instead of all-purpose.
- Substitute 2 teaspoons vanilla extract for the vanilla sugar if preferred.
Per Serving: 267 calories; 11.9 g fat; 37.8 g carbohydrates; 4.7 g protein; 78 mg cholesterol; 71 mg sodium. Full nutrition