Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 277 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 loaves)
- Pour boiling water over oats in a large bowl; let soften, about 1 hour. Add molasses, butter, and yeast; mix well. Add flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition until dough sticks together. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Butter two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- Punch down dough and turn onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into 2 balls and let rest for 10 minutes. Form balls into loaves and place into the prepared pans. Cover loaves with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake loaves in the preheated oven until tops are golden brown, about 40 minutes.
Per Serving: 277 calories; 7 g fat; 46 g carbohydrates; 7.1 g protein; 15 mg cholesterol; 337 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Delicious bread! Not overly sweet, but it has a nice "dark" flavor due to the molasses. I used milk instead of water, and a mix of all-purpose and whole wheat flour. I also halved the recipe to ...